As General Dental practices have started re-opening, you can still help your children practice good oral health techniques to ensure they are not using habits that may lead to larger dental procedures, like cavities.
1. Brush Three Times Daily - Daily brushing goes without saying, but building habits now while everyone is home will ensure that they're teeth are clean and they will develop good habits once school starts again. We suggest once in the morning, once in the middle of the day, and once before bed.
2. Sing the ABCs Twice While Brushing - This will make sure they are brushing for a specific amount of time while also helping the younger kids to learn their ABCs!
3. Introduce Mouthwash - If you have not already, introduce mouthwash for those kids over the age of 5. We recommend rinsing with mouthwash after the final brushing of the day before bed.
4. Drink More Water - We know it's tough to get some kids to eat or drink what parents want, but even a little water helps cleanse the teeth and provide essential minerals to your kid's teeth.
5. Make Your Appointments Now - Call the dentist and schedule check-up appointments now. Although some dental practices have started to gradually open, general check-ups may have to wait for another month or two depending upon where you live (or possibly longer). Most offices are still answering phone calls daily from patients to answer questions, provide information, and schedule appointments.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Robyn Matonti Dental today at (239)-262-7700! We are happy to answer your questions and welcome new patients to learn about our practice and the positive impacts we love to make in our patients' lives.